Activities Assistant - LeisureCare is an Independent Senior Living Community. We are looking to hire an upbeat, fun, positive person that likes to help others. We are a fun community to work in and the job is extremely rewarding.
Essential Job Functions:
- The ideal candidate will be outgoing, flexible and willing to jump in to help where needed.
- Have the ambition and creativity to lead activities.
- Will have the ability to drive a 12 passenger van (small bus - NO CDL Required) and SUV safely and confidently.
- Five years’ driving experience and compliance with all company pre-employment policies and procedures.
- A clean driving record required.
- Must also have the ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Will provide general care of the vehicle, ie. cleanliness.
- Will observe all federal, state, and city speed and safety regulations, as well as company customer service and safety policies.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities.
This person will work with our Activity Director to lead activities on the weekends, drive for medical appointments and trips as well as have the ability to back up the Front Desk reception staff.
Leisure Care, a One-Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care, we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.