Essential Job Functions
The Chef is responsible for all aspects of managing the kitchen and the respective employees, ensuring quality preparation and service delivery of all menu items. Maintains all department expenses with-in the budgeted guidelines based on the census in accordance with all company standards and operating procedures. Promotes resident satisfaction through understanding their preferences. Trains and develops staff for growth and the opportunity to meet the demand of qualified employees needed for continued company success.
- Purchases food quantities, factoring in the number of residents by meal period.
- Complies with all state and local operating regulations.
- Ability to communicate with staff and residents both verbally and in writing.
- Adheres to all corporate purchasing programs.
- Plans for special events and holiday functions.
- Works on line during peak service periods and assists when needed.
- Interviews candidates for position openings.
- Takes month-end food inventory and extend totals accurately.
- Reads and understands financial performance and results.
- Accurately observes and defines staff performance issues and provides corrective solutions.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities.
Leisure Care, a One Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care, we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you have a strong desire to apply for a fun and rewarding job, please apply today!
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.