What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a full-time chef with at least 5 years experience working in a professional kitchen. Position is salaried, with excellent benefits and PTO, and would normally be Sun-Thu. No late nights! We have a great team and we are excited to see it strengthen and grow!
Essential Job Functions:
The Chef is responsible for all aspects of managing the kitchen and the respective employees, ensuring quality preparation and service delivery of all menu items. Maintains all department expenses with-in the budgeted guidelines based on the census in accordance with all company standards and operating procedures. Promotes resident satisfaction through understanding their preferences. Trains and develops staff for growth and the opportunity to meet the demand of qualified employees needed for continued company success.
- Purchases food quantities, factoring in the number of residents by meal period.
- Complies with all state and local operating regulations.
- Ability to communicate with staff and residents both verbally and in writing.
- Adheres to all corporate purchasing programs.
- Plans for special events and holiday functions in conjunction with other departments such as Marketing and Guest Services.
- Works on line during peak service periods and assists when needed.
- Interviews candidates for position openings.
- Takes month-end food inventory and extend totals accurately.
- Reads and understands financial performance and results.
- Accurately observes and defines staff performance issues and provides corrective solutions.
- Maintains a professional & positive attitude when interacting with residents, family members, & staff members.
- Adheres to food safety rules & maintains personal hygiene to company standards.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities.
For Full Time (salaried) this position offers:
- A company provided 401k after 6 months of employment.
- Up to 40 hours accumulated Oregon sick time.
- Up to 80 hours Vacation time and an 8 hour Personal Day to be used annually.
- Quarterly bonuses.
- Consistent schedule with 2 consecutive days off.
- An excellent Medical & Dental Benefits package (Vision included).
- An encouraging and supportive team oriented environment.
- An ideal fit for a self-motivated, energetic and vibrant personality.
- Friendly & supportive coworkers.
- No late night shifts!
Canfield Place, a beautiful and inviting Retirement Community with 88 apartments licensed for both independent & assisted living, is located in the Highland Hills area of Beaverton, Oregon. Our parent company, Leisure Care, a One-Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for over 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And now we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Canfield Place, we strive to positively impact the lives of our residents and employees each and every day. We are always looking for friendly, positive & compassionate people to join our team.
Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Apply now and discover what it means to be a part of 5 Star Fun!
Check us out at https://www.facebook.com/canfieldplace
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.