CookBaker | Pastry Cook
Essential Job Functions: Cook
Plan, prep, set up and prepare quality products to include, but not limited to breads, breakfast bakeries, cookies, pastries, desserts, and other specified baked goods. Must have a complete understanding of all basic baking and pastry production skill sets with the ability to perform these tasks error-free and meet the company quality standards.
- Follows company standard recipe and menu specifications.
- Uses a knife and performs basic baking techniques.
- Maintains accurate temperatures at all times.
- Performs basic baking and pastry items i.e., basic yeast doughs, batters, scaling techniques.
- Accurately measures recipe quantities.
- Communicates verbally and in writing to all co-workers.
- Demonstrates proper pastry techniques such as Danish dough, puff pastry, sauces, decoration and plate presentation.
- Follows daily production schedules and complete assignments.
- Ensures all baked goods, pastry, and dessert menu items are available during days off.
- Minimum of two (2) years Baker/Pastry cook experience.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Food Handler Certificate or ServSafe certificate.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities.
Leisure Care, a One-Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care, we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
If you have a strong desire to apply for a fun and rewarding job, please apply today!
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.