Health and Wellness Nurse LPN
We are currently offering a $500 Bonus! To be paid: $250.00 after successful completion of 6 months continuous employment, and $250 after successful completion of 6 months continuous employment.
This nursing position is responsible for the health maintenance all of the community’s residents (in licensed apartments), and care coordination for residents’ health needs from vendors. The Health and Wellness Nurse provides health-related expertise for residents, families, and outside referral sources.
Essential Job Functions
1. From a nursing perspective, works with the Health and Wellness Director/Manager to oversee and coordinate the care and services provided by the staff to all residents residing in licensed apartments.
2. Provides assistance to the Health and Wellness Director/Manager of staff performance evaluation at regular intervals per community/company policy/procedure.
3. Provides nursing expertise during monthly staff meeting for all Resident Assistant staff to provide community information, to review areas of staff concern and to problem-solve department issues.
4. Acts as mentor to the Health and Wellness Director/Manager to ensure safe delivery of assisted living services to residents in licensed apartments.
1. Works with the Health and Wellness Director/Manager in developing strategies to increase department revenue by providing new ways to internally market personal care and health services.
2. Provides information to corporate office on performance of department relating to company standards.
3. Acts as a community sales advisor by networking with community health care providers and assisted living organizations.
4. Participates as an active member of the management team in developing community standards and identity.
1. Working with marketing staff, is involved with the resident move-in process.
2. Provides professional assessment (initial and ongoing), using company tools and staying within state guidelines, to each resident requesting licensed services.
3. Maintains ongoing awareness of data related to residents’ health profiles, functional and psychosocial needs.
4. Collects and documents information established by regulation and company standard related to resident health, function and psychosocial needs and service preferences.
5. Designs, along with Health and Wellness Director/Manager, General Manager, Sales Advisor and resident, resident family or other representative that the resident chooses, a Service Plan which mediates department’s service provisions related to resident’s needs and preferences.
6. Uses company and regulatory standards for maintaining a resident record.
7. Oversees all documentation requirements of the Health and Wellness department, ensuring that all Resident Assistant staff follow standards in documenting resident activity and service provision.
8. Competent to perform all personal care services required for any resident.
9. Assists resident and/or family to identify community resources to support resident health/psychosocial needs.
10. Mediates service provision issues based on resident rights including self-determination, risk management, and autonomous decision making.