Opal Program Supervisor | Memory Care
North Haven , US-CT , US
The Landing of North Haven, an amazing Assisted Living community in North Haven is looking for an EXTRAORDINARY Program Supervisor for Memory Care who is talented, caring, warm, respectful, fun and dependable to provide OUTSTANDING care and services to our residents. We are all about hospitality so if you have a talent for over-the-top customer service...then you might be right for our team. We currently have a Full-Time, position (1 weekend day required) available. Please submit your resume or come in and fill out an application.
Masks required at all times indoors due to COVID-19 protocols. Frequent hand washing and sanitizer use.
Essential Job Functions
Under the direction of the Opal Manager, this position is responsible for the implementation of Opal Standards as they relate to activities, events and programming. The Opal Program Supervisor is responsible for fostering a truly person-centered approach to programming and care, using Leisure Care’s unique approach of delivering intentional, meaningful leisure and therapeutic activities to our
memory care residents.
- Providing programming to resident's living with dementia, assessing leisure and recreational needs, creating and collaborating with others for interventions, organizing and preparing participation
- Planning and conducting in-service training relative to resident and staff needs.
- Developing, maintaining and coordinating a monthly program of purposeful and meaningful activities that support resident dignity, preference, and choice.
- Partnering with Program Supervisor or Guest Services Manager to create schedules for community bus service including, but not limited to, local shopping, medical visits, scenic and destination trips.
- Developing effective community working relationships with colleges, universities, social organizations, churches, etc. to provide leisure, recreation, social, cultural and spiritual programs.
- Maintaining a relationship with outside sources as resources for resident activities i.e., local senior centers, religious groups, libraries, hospitals, high schools and local merchants.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities
Leisure Care, a One Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care, we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
All staff hired at a Leisure Care managed community after June 30th, 2021 must provide acceptable evidence of vaccination or become vaccinated for COVID-19 immediately upon hire as a condition of employment. Leisure Care managed communities comply with provisions established by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, including those related to COVID-19 vaccinations and the interactive process.