Essential Job Functions
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and will oversee all aspects of maintenance for the apartment community, including, but not limited to:
* Completing service requests for occupied units and documenting the work performed.
* Preparing vacant apartments for new residents; painting, drywall repair, installation of various fixtures, appliance repair, plumbing repairs, and cleaning are a few examples of the unit turnover tasks
* Perform routine and emergency maintenance
* Assist with planning and execution of all preventative maintenance programs such as mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire and life-safety systems
* Understand and complies with Fair Housing Laws and standards (training is provided)
* Must have strong organizational and follow-up skills
* Must have strong leadership skills
* Attention to detail and a self-starter
* Effective communicator and problem solving skills
Qualifications (representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required):
* Experience - Experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, appliance repair and drywall is preferred.
* Availability - 5 day work week, and willing to be on-call for 24/7 maintenance emergencies.
* Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Previous experience as a Maintenance Technician is preferred.
* Must have a valid driver's license
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities.
Leisure Care, a One Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care, we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
If you live and breathe Five-Star Fun, please apply today!
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.