Memory Care Manager
Essential Job Functions
This is a management position responsible for the overall look, feel and performance of the community’s Memory Care program including the personal care services and program delivery provided by the community staff to Memory Care residents. Responsibilities include health assessments, person-centered service planning, care coordination for resident’s health needs. The Memory Care Manager provides dementia care expertise for residents, families and outside referral sources.
- Assists in the coordination of the resident move-in process.
- Maintains current resident health records in accordance with company standards, state licensing requirements and Eldermark training.
- Assists resident and/or family with identifying and coordinating community resources to support resident health/psychosocial needs.
- Advocates for Memory Care program residents and develops creative, person-centered interventions and approaches to care and service provision based on resident rights, preferences and retained abilities.
- Creates staffing schedules, establishes staffing guidelines.
- Hires, orients, manages, counsels and dedicated Memory Care program staff in conjunction with the General Manager per company policies and procedure.
Successful candidates will posses Associate’s or higher degree preferred. One year of progressive management experience required; previous experience leading/supervising a team preferred. A minimum of two years’ experience relevant to memory care required; experience in senior living and hospitality setting preferred
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities.
Leisure Care, a One Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care, we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The safety of our residents and staff is our top priority! We regularly modify our protocols in alignment with best practices as determined by the CDC and the local DOH, while keeping alignment with our company values of doing the right thing.