Essential Job Functions
The Prep Cook will set up and provide quality service in all areas of cold food production. Must have a complete understanding of all basic food preparation skill sets with the ability to perform these tasks error-free and meet the company quality standards. Minimum 30 hours per week.
- Follows company standard recipe and menu specifications.
- Performs basic food preparation items i.e., stocks, soups, and vegetable production.
- Accurately measures recipe quantities.
- Communicates verbally and in writing to all co-workers.
- Maintains complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Follows daily production schedules and completes all assignments.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year kitchen experience.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Food Handler Certificate or ServSafe certificate.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities.
Leisure Care, a One Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care, we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office. Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.