PrimeFit Personal Trainer
Essential Job Functions
The PrimeFit Personal Trainer is responsible for providing personal health and fitness services for residents including fitness center and equipment orientations, fitness assessments, personalized exercise prescription, and general guidance with health and fitness programs. This position is also responsible for conducting private and small group personal training sessions.
- Responsible for developing plans for personal fitness training services.
- Responsible for adhering to monthly-budgeted income goals.
- Successfully advertises PrimeFit Personal Training Services to residents, families and the community.
- Creates a positive, fun and safe atmosphere that promotes healthy growth for older adults.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of:
a) Personal training principles for older adults;
b) Exercise science and physiology of aging;
c) Functional assessment;
d) Personal exercise prescription for older adults;
e) Teaching and leadership;
f) Injury/fall prevention, first aid and emergency procedures; and
g) Ethics and professional standards
2. Displays excellent customer service and communication skills.
3. Demonstrates excellent time management skills
4. Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
5. Works both independently and collaboratively.
6. Demonstrates a warm, engaging, and patient manner.
Education and Experience
1. Have completed a four (4)-year university level program in exercise science OR have a nationally recognized certification in Senior Personal Training with an additional three (3) years experience working with older adults.
2. Be registered as a Senior Fitness Specialist with the ACE or obtain this registration within three (3) months of hire.
3. It is recommended that the Personal Trainer obtain ten (10) Continuing Education Credits, annually, that focus on older adults and fitness.
4. Have computer and organizational skills to develop and maintain a successful Senior Fitness Program.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities.
Leisure Care, a One Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care, we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Fitness Trainer,Health Club Trainer