Resident Assistant I CNA
This is a broad-scoped caregiver position. The Resident Assistant has full responsibility for direct resident care. This includes assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), including personal care, helping residents participate in their daily activity program and some laundry and housekeeping tasks.
1. Assists resident with all personal care skills (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting) as described in company policy/procedure and individualized by the resident service plan.
2. Makes appropriate observations about resident’s condition in every interaction with resident.
3. Passes on information to the appropriate person in a correct time frame according to the company policy/procedure.
4. Records changes in resident’s condition in a timely manner according to company policy/procedure.
5. Records omission of services in resident service plan according to company policy/procedure.
6. Assists residents with laundry and housekeeping services as described in company policy/procedure and individualized on guest service plan.
1. Is knowledgeable of and complies with all company policies/procedures related to hygiene/sanitation standards, i.e., handwashing.
2. Is knowledgeable of and complies with all company policies/procedures related to maintaining the cleanliness of all retirement community common areas and apartments.
3. Is knowledgeable of and maintains a clutter-free apartment environment as individualized in the guest service plan.
4. Is knowledgeable of and complies with company policy/procedure on filling out the DCEC/Unusual Occurrence Report and the Employee Incident Report.
5. Is knowledgeable of and complies with state regulations as they apply to the retirement community and this job description.
6. Has current CPR and First Aid certification.
1. Demonstrates understanding of the resident’s right of privacy by 1) knocking on the resident’s door prior to entering and 2) calling resident by the name he/she so desires
2. Demonstrates understanding of the resident’s right of choice by 1) encouraging resident to make decisions in all ADLs and 2) asking resident about preference in providing daily service.
3. Demonstrates understanding of the resident’s right of independence by encouraging resident to use all of his/her ability, as able, every day.
4. Demonstrates and maintains a positive attitude within all departments by addressing coworker issues in a timely manner and with tact.
5. Demonstrates the ability to interact with family, visitors, and Health Care Providers by providing appropriate information as described in company policy/procedure