Resident Assistant I CNA
This is a broad-scoped caregiver position. The Resident Assistant II has full responsibility for direct resident care. This includes assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), including personal care and assisting residents with self-administration of medication and/or medication administration as allowed by state statute. The position provides orientation/support to new resident assistants, may provide some laundry and housekeeping tasks and may act as shift lead as established by community
1. Assists resident with all personal care skills (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting) as described in company policy/procedure and individualized by the resident service plan.
2. Makes appropriate observations about resident’s condition in every interaction with resident and records changes in resident’s condition in a timely manner according to company procedure.
3. Assists residents with his/her medications according to company policy/procedure and as individualized on resident service plan.
4. May administer medication and provide "nursing tasks" to residents, as outlined in state delegation protocols, and as written in resident service plan.
5. Passes on information to the appropriate person in a correct time frame according to the company policy/procedure.
6. Orients new resident assistants on shift; identifies staff competencies.
7. Records omission of resident services/medications according to company policy/ procedure.
8. May function as shift lead, in absence of Health & Wellness Director or Health & Wellness Assistant Director, maintaining awareness of overall building/resident well being and following "on call" protocols.
1. Is knowledgeable of and complies with all company policies/procedures related to hygiene/sanitation standards, i.e., handwashing.
2. Is knowledgeable of and complies with all company policies/procedures related to maintaining the cleanliness of all retirement community common areas and apartments.
3. Is knowledgeable of and complies with company policy/procedure on filling out incident reports.
4. Is knowledgeable of and complies with state regulations as they apply to the retirement community and this job description.