Resident Assistant II | CNA
Essential Job Functions
This is a broad-scoped caregiver position. The Resident Assistant II has full responsibility for direct resident care. This includes assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), including personal care and medication assistance and/or medication administration as allowed by state statute. Provides orientation/support to new resident assistants. . May act as shift lead as established by community standard.
- Makes appropriate observations about the resident’s condition in every interaction with resident, recording and reporting changes in resident's condition in a timely manner.
- Assists residents with his/her medications according to company policy.
- May assist with medication services as outlined in state delegation protocols, company policy, and as written in the resident service plan.
- May provide other ADL assistance, laundry and housekeeping tasks
- Participates in orientation and training of new resident assistants as needed.
- Records and responds to omission of resident services/medications according to company policy.
- May function as shift lead, in absence of Health & Wellness Director or Health & Wellness Assistant Director, maintaining awareness of overall building/resident well being and following "on-call" protocols.
Successful candidate will have 1 year experience as a caregiver. Must have completed, or be enrolled in, specific medication training required by state statute. Completed other state-required education classes according to statute. CNA or Home Health Aide preferred.
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities.
Leisure Care, a One Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for nearly 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Leisure Care, we strive to positively impact the lives of our customers and employees each and every day. Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.