Resident Assistant II Medication Technician
This is a broad-scoped caregiver position. The Resident Assistant II has full responsibility for direct resident care. This includes assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), including personal care and assisting residents with self-administration of medication and/or medication administration as allowed by state statute. The position provides orientation/support to new resident assistants, may provide some laundry and housekeeping tasks and may act as shift lead as established by community standard.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists resident with all personal care skills (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting) as described in company policy/procedure and individualized by the resident service plan.
2. Makes appropriate observations about resident’s condition in every interaction with resident and records changes in resident’s condition in a timely manner according to company procedure.
3. Assists residents with his/her medications according to company policy/procedure and as individualized on resident service plan.
4. May administer medication and provide "nursing tasks" to residents, as outlined in state delegation protocols, and as written in resident service plan.
5. Passes on information to the appropriate person in a correct time frame according to the company policy/procedure.
6. Orients new resident assistants on shift; identifies staff competencies.
7. Records omission of resident services/medications according to company policy/ procedure.
8. May function as shift lead, in absence of Health & Wellness Director or Health & Wellness Assistant Director, maintaining awareness of overall building/resident well being and following "on call" protocols.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1.Communicates with 1) persons who are aging or who might have dementia, 2) resident’s family members, 3) health professionals, 4) co-workers, and 5) supervisors in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Is willing and able to participate in the requirements of the community’s respiratory protection program, which includes N-95 respirator medical evaluations and fit testing.
3. Maintains company standard related to attendance, punctuality and dress code.
4. Problem solves when interacting with residents, family members, and coworkers.