What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking part-time servers/dishwashers able to work 3:30pm-7pm on weekends and occasional weekdays. Opportunity for additional shifts during week. No late nights! Free lunch included (anything the kitchen can make from pancakes to lasagna to burgers & fries, depending on specials & inventory) for any shifts 6 hours or more. There is always opportunity for advancement and growth to other positions, hours & days. We have a great team and we are excited to see it strengthen and grow!
Essential Job Functions:
The Restaurant Server is responsible for the flow of service from the kitchen to ensure all residents receive their preferences in both food and beverages. Assist residents when necessary through the salad bar or beverage station. Works with professionalism and has knowledge of basic food offerings and menu content. Keeps the restaurant properly cleaned and set-up to meet resident expectations.
- Clearly communicates and understands residents’ preferences
- Waits on residents and provides them with exceptional service.
- Performs minor food preparation duties as assigned.
- Carry an oval tray with a minimum of 4 plates.
- Washes dishes in dish pit according to standards.
- Write orders clearly so cooks can read and prepare food accordingly.
- Set, clear and reset tables according to company standards in a timely manner.
- Be respectful in all communications with other staff members, including servers, cooks & dishwashers.
- Have unexpired OR Food Handler's Card or ability to take online course on first day before working in restaurant.
- Adhere to food safety rules and maintain personal hygiene to company standards.
- Smile and have fun while remaining professional and safe!
Our benefits package is one of the best in the business. We offer it all: Medical, Dental, 401K, Disability, and Life insurance, plus vacation, sick leave, meal discounts, travel benefits, as well as year-round company-sponsored events and activities
For Part Time this position offers:
- A company provided 401k after 6 months of employment.
- Up to 40 hours accumulated Oregon sick time.
- An encouraging and supportive team oriented environment.
- An ideal fit for a self-motivated, energetic and vibrant personality.
- No late nights! Always off by 7:30pm at the latest!
- The possibility of promotion to full time in future.
- Friendly & supportive coworkers.
Canfield Place, a beautiful and inviting Retirement Community with 88 apartments licensed for both independent & assisted living, is located in the Highland Hills area of Beaverton, Oregon. Our parent company, Leisure Care, a One-Eighty Company, has been a leader in the senior housing industry for over 40 years. We're experienced. We're ambitious. We're fun. And now we're looking for talented people to join our team. At Canfield Place, we strive to positively impact the lives of our residents and employees each and every day. We are always looking for friendly, positive & compassionate people to join our team.
Our culture is rich with people who possess the natural desire and instinct to serve others, and the principle of leading a balanced life forms the foundation of this culture. We call it the Three-Thirds Lifestyle -- putting family first, giving back to the community second, and meaningfully contributing to the company third. After all, happy employees outside of the office make for more dedicated, creative, and productive employees in the office.
Leisure Care's unique philosophy of Five-Star Fun has made us one of the most desirable companies to work for, both inside and outside of the senior housing industry. And it has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Apply now and discover what it means to be a part of 5 Star Fun!
Check us out at https://www.facebook.com/canfieldplace
Leisure Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.